Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thrift Store finds

I just had to show you this Santa I got at the thrift store the other day for $1.41, is he not the neatest thing!!  I have a growing collection of vintage santas and when I saw him I couldnt believe that someone would give him away.  I am really not sure what it is though, it is plastic and the hat is plastic as well, it looks like it may be an old mask, because it will fit over your head, although I did not do that since I dont want to mess it up.  Anybody have any ideas?  So, he is hanging on my hutch, luckily my kids have not wanted to try it on, I guess they realize they shouldnt even ask...LOL.

Here are 2 more christmas crafty things I got at the thrift store.  They are dated on the bottom 1976.  Someone used a set of glasses and put a vintage snowmen in one and a vintage pincone elf in the other with glitter all around them, the bottom is a piece of styrofoam with rickrack around the glass.  It looks like they had candles in the top because there is some green clay and candle wax, but I am going to clean all that out.

Well, time to get the kids up for school, its PARTY Day for them.  Yesterday my first graders glass decorated gingerbread houses.  I think they ate more of the candy than they actually put on the house, but they had a good time with it.  TTFN

 

No comments: